Feeling confused about what to post and how often to add content on your Facebook page? What do you need to do to really be successful on Facebook?
Does your business even have a Facebook page?
Success on social media is more than posting meaningful quotes and cute pictures of animals. It requires a mix of research, experimentation, and continuous learning.
Your goal is to create high-quality content that engages your audience. Your posts should inspire them to book appointments with you.
To save you some time, I’ve compiled the top 16 websites with resources to help you succeed on Facebook. Tap into the expertise available online and you’ll get likes and followers in no time.
Sites by Leading Experts
- AVMA Social Media for Veterinary Clinics: AVMA guides you step-by-step through using social media for your practice.
- Content Marketing Institute: Content Marketing Institute has an almost overwhelming amount of information, including a series of helpful guides.
- Copyblogger: Copyblogger has an extensive library of digital marketing and content creation resources. Copywriting 101 is their free online course.
- Facebook’s Meta Business Suite: Where better to start than Facebook itself? Use their resources and frequently asked questions pages while planning your content.
- Jeff Bullas: Forbes calls Jeff Bullas the world’s top social marketing talent.
- Mari Smith: Mari Smith is a leading expert focusing on relationship-building through social media.
- Neil Patel Blog: Neil Patel is a leading digital marketing expert focusing on Search Engine Optimization.
- Social Media Lab: Social Media Lab started in Sweden in 2010. They’ve since grown into one of the most respected international digital marketing agencies. Their resources focus on content strategy, social media analytics, and Facebook advertising.
Social Media News
- Social Media Examiner: This online publication has an extensive number of educational resources and events focused on online marketing and sales.
- Social Media Explorer: Social Media Explorer is an online publication focused on content marketing.
- Social Media Today: Social Media Today is an online publication that covers the latest news and trends in social media. They have an extensive library that includes tips on selling and promotions on social media.
Content Management Tools
- Buffer Blog: Buffer is a social media management tool that helps businesses schedule and publish posts across multiple platforms. They have an AI tool integrated into their platform. (I particularly like how easy it is to use Buffer and their free plan doesn’t skimp on function.)
- CoSchedule Blog: CoSchedule is a marketing calendar and content management tool that offers a range of resources for businesses, including a blog with tips and social media best practices.
- Hootsuite Blog: Hootsuite is a social media management platform that offers a variety of resources to help businesses with their messaging. Their blog covers a range of topics, including Facebook marketing, social media trends, and content creation.
- HubSpot Blog: HubSpot is a leading marketing and sales software company. Their blog contains social media marketing information and offers a free CRM.
- Sprout Social Insights: Sprout Social is another social media management tool resource on topics ranging from content strategy to analytics.
Getting Content Posted On Your Page
Current statistics show that 72.9% of veterinary practices use social media, especially Facebook, to communicate with potential and current clients (reported at VMX 2023).
Managing social media content can be time-consuming. Learning the tricks of Search Engine Optimization and hashtags, as well as creating appealing visuals, will give you an edge over your competition.
Do you want quality content that doesn’t take a bite out of your time? Work with someone who has been a veterinary technician and practice manager and understands your work from the inside out.
Schedule a free consultation so we can talk about your needs and create an action plan together. Let’s take your social media to the next level!